We’ve talked about American watchmaker RGM here before, and Roland Murphy’s small company which produces exquisitely made high-end watches. It looks like RGM is now stepping into the very exciting world of professional dive watches with the new and beautiful RGM Model 300.
Features of the RGM Model 300 include:
- Brushed stainless steel case.
- Water resistant to 2,500 feet, or about 750 meters.
- 5mm thick flat sapphire crystal (that’s extremely thick).
- Anti-magnetic casing.
- 43.2mm wide, and 15.7mm thick.
- Modified ETA 2892 movement.
- Double gasket screwdown crown, and double gasket caseback.
- Unidirectional ratcheting bezel with black aluminum insert.
- Your choice of two different dials: glossy or matte.
- Available with a 22mm strap, or a brushed stainless steel bracelet with dive extension.
The price is $3,500 which is actually pretty good compared to some of its high-end competition like the Rolex Submariner, Sea Dweller, or Omega Planet Ocean. We’re big fans of dive watches here at Watch Report, so we’re very please to see RGM branching out like this. We’d love to get our hands on one of these and put it up against a Sea Dweller.
By Paul Hubbard