Citizen is generally less well known than Seiko for their dive watches, however they do offer some very interesting pieces (e.g. a 1,000m mechanical nicknamed “Autozilla”; a 300m Eco-drive called “Eco-zilla”; and a new 200m Eco-Drive known as “Orca”, among others). Adding to their innovative diver collection, and challenging what it means for a dive watch to be considered a “diver”, Citizen now has a new line of Eco-Drive divers with chronographs and alarms. At the head of the pack is the BL5315-50E.
The Citizen BL5315-50E
At 44mm of stainless steel, it’s large but understated. Features include:
- Stainless steel case and bracelet
- Perpetual calendar (nice!)
- Eco-Drive (4-month power reserve)
- 1-hour stopwatch
- 12/24 time and dual time zone support
- Water resistant to 200 meters, or about 660 feet
- Mineral crystal
- Unidirectional ion-plated ratcheting bezel
- 44mm case, not counting the crown (nice and chunky)
Citizen really seems to be stepping up their game lately. Lots more to come.