If you like feature-rich digital watches, and have a Blackberry, the upcoming inPulse will probably make you very, very happy. It’s a watch, but closely integrated with the RIM Blackberry via Bluetooth. Time, alarms, and more, all set via the Blackberry and displayed on the watch. It has a vibrate mode to alert you to new emails, SMS, alarms, or calls — basically a discreet remote display for your smartphone.
- 1.3″ OLED display.
- Communicates via custom app (via Bluetooth v2.0+EDR), so Blackberry is required.
- Does not require a phone data plan.
- Mineral glass crystal and steel body.
- 51mm by 38mm by 12mm — reasonable, actually.
- Micro-USB charging port; 150mAh lithium-ion battery.
- Pre-order for $149, shipping “by February 2010.”
We like it, and are in line to get a review unit once they’re shipping.
By Paul Hubbard