As big Pathfinder fans here at WatchReport, we’re happy to report that the new PAW-5000-1 will ship this April for $450. Departing somewhat from the dominant style of “mostly digital face”, the new model sports a reduced-size digital screen and more dive-watch-style face. Somehow, it works for us. Casio PR has promised to try and get us a review unit, so keep an eye out for a full review. Here’s a list of specifications to pique your interest in the meantime:
- Tough solar power.
- Six-band radio set timekeeping.
- Water resistant to 100m (330ft).
- Plastic case, urethane band.
- Triple sensor (temperature, altimeter/barometer, compass).
- Resistant to low temperatures.
- New tough movement, as seen in the GS-1200 and the MTG-1500, where it can check and correct the position of the hands. A very cool piece of engineering.
- The second hand doubles as a compass needle. Clever, huh?
The watch hasn’t been officially announced in the USA yet, but keep an eye on Casio’s website for the announcement.
By Paul Hubbard