We’ve become big Sinn fans here at WatchReport, and today I learned of a new model, the 657. Available in black chromed steel (shown) or stainless, this update to the 657 adds some features of interest:
- Updated bezel design, more durable and more readable markers
- Size increased to a more modern 40mm by 12mm
- Added a black chapter ring around the dial for readability.
Those are just the new features! In addition, it’s a bulletproof watch for extreme environments:
- Anti-magnetic to 80,000 A/m, which works out to about 1000 Gauss, or 0.1T, the same as the Rolex Milgauss. As with the Milgauss, Sinn used an iron dial and soft iron movement casing inside the watch to achieve this.
- Double-sided anti-reflective-coated sapphire crystal, very scratch resistant.
- Waterproof to 200m (660ft), which is exceptional for a pilot’s watch.
- Very unusually, it’s rated for low pressures too, again for pilots in unpressurized cockpits.
- Stainless steel case, about 77g without the bracelet or band.
Street price for the stainless version is about 1600USD, I would expect that the black chrome version would be a few hundred dollars more. I really like this one, and after Christian’s review of the 856C I’m dying to see one of these in person.