- Full mixed-gas capability. Up to eight gases as primary or secondaries.
- Incorporates the new ‘Suunto RGBM’ decompression algorithm.
- Oxygen contents from 8-100%, helium from 0-92%.
- Of course, it’s waterproof to 120m (390ft).
- It’s paired with graphical Windows-based diver planner software that allows a complete dive profile to be pre-programmed, or to plan based on data from previous dives.
- From the software, you can export mix data to give to the air vendor.
This goes way beyond nitrox or trimix, and is probably the instrument of choice for commercial divers and mixed-gas divers. I can see it being nice to have for recreation divers who want better planned or longer dives, and also those who use trimix for the additional safety margin that it provides.
Price is not yet available.
By Paul Hubbard