If you are a fan of vintage looking watches, especially a fan of the vintage Seiko 6105-8110 diver, but would rather something a little more modern in terms of materials, then you are probably going to love the Athaya Vintage Lamafa.
Athaya is a brand out of Indonesia, and this is their second model. Their first was a Laco Pilot homage. Now, while this is an homage, it is an homage of a piece that is not as easy to get as say a Rolex homage that we are all used to. Instead, they went ahead and built a watch that is very close to the original, with just a few different aspects, such as the dial and hands, and case back logo.
The Athaya Lamafa has the same smooth lines and contours as its Seiko predecessor, and seeing this watch in person, reminded me of where the original Zodiac Oceanaire got its design cues from.
The Athaya version is a 44mm brushed stainless steel case, with a domed sapphire crystal, Seiko NH35 automatic movement and Swiss C1 superluminova. It is available in 2 colors, black or blue sunburst dial, both with or without date. Today we take a look at the Blue no date version, with its matching blue waffle rubber strap.
For an even better look than the photos I took, take a look at my video review:
Here are the full specifications of the Athaya Vintage Lamafa:
- Case Material & Finishing: SS 316L, Brushed.
- Case Dimension: 44.30 x Lug-to-Lug tip 48.00 x Total Thickness including glass 13.50
- Lug size: 20mm
- Weight: 107.4 grams
- Glass: Domed Sapphire with Colorless AR Coating.
- Bezel: SS 316L, 120 clicks, Unidirectional.
- Crown: SS 316L, Screw down Triple o-ring with AV Logo.
- Case back : SS 316L, Screw down with engraved design and AV Logo.
- Movement: Seiko Instrument Automatic NH35A Hacked second.
- Strap: Rubber Strap with length 140/80 and brushed diver style buckle.
- Water Resistant: 200 meter
- Luminova: Swiss C1 Superluminova on Dial, Hands and Bezel pip.
- Packaging: Athaya Vintage Handmade leather travel case.
- Price: $350 USD.
Some reviews I do not mention packaging at all, even though I will always take pictures of it. That is because many times it is just a standard box, and there is nothing to really talk about. With the Athaya Lamafa, it comes in a beautiful handmade leather travel case, that is a nice caramel brown color, lined with microfiber, and enough space for your watch, some extra straps and tools. I love these types of travel cases, and not only is this one very well made, but it is also very practical, as opposed to elaborate packaging that will never see the light of day until you sell it or decide to move.
- 1 2