Swatch continues to impress me with watches that are not only fun and affordable, but useful. First, I was won over by the Swatch Paparazzi, and now, as a recreational diver, the Swatch Fun Scuba.
The Swatch Fun Scuba comes in seven distinct styles, all but one (the black “Moray’s Bite”), predictably wild. Although Swatch’s site warns that the Fun Scuba is not a scuba-diving watch, and that it is meant to be used in parallel with a professional dive computer, it looks like a fun and suitable companion for recreational diving excursions.
Features of the Swatch Fun Scuba
- Automatic mode adjustment. The depth meter automatically activates when the watch is submerged in more than one meter (3 feet) of water, then switches back into time mode once removed from water.
- Depth meter. The hour hand indicates depth (up to a maximum of 40 meters, or 130 feet).
- Dive timer. The minute hand indicates total dive time (up to 90 minutes).
- Two-dive memory. Store data (depth and duration) from your last dive, and one other dive.
- Water resistant to 200 meters (660 feet).
- Plastic case with a thick rubber strap.
- 46mm in diameter, 15mm thick.
Did I mention that the Swatch Fun Scuba is affordable? Only $80, retail. Yes, you still need to take a professional dive computer with you, but fortunately, you’ll have plenty of money left over to buy one.