Update (1/30/2005): Wrist Watch Review just posted a good review of the Suunto n6-HR.
Suunto Watches (the website, not the actual manufacturer of Suunto watches) has started taking pre-orders for the long-awaited $399.99 Suunto n6-HR Microsoft SPOT watch which is supposed to ship January 6, 2005. It looks like the Suunto n6-HR, if it indeed materializes, will be the first MSN Direct SPOT watch to combine a heart rate monitor with the MSN Direct service which offers wireless connectivity through FM radio waves to deliver things like news, weather, stocks, movie times, instant messages and more, directly to your watch.
- MSN Direct compatible.
- Heart Rate Monitor (with two customizable limits & three training zones).
- Stopwatch with multiple lap and split times.
- Training Logbook with 20 logs.
- Chrono with three training timers.
- Interval timer.
- 3 programmable daily alarms.
- Dual time (shows the time in multiple time zones, and updates automatically as you move from one time zone to another).
- Water resistant to 100 meters (10 BAR, 10 ATM, or 330 feet).
- Plastic case with a scratch-resistant mineral crystal.
- Suunto n6-HR Training Manager PC Software included.
- USB recharger included.
It’s important to note that suuntowatches.com is not the official website of Suunto which, as of the time of this writing, is still completely silent on the n6-HR which means we cannot be 100% sure that it’s for real yet. This looks like a great addition to the MSN Direct family, however, so let’s hope it pans out!