The Seiko Solar Ignition Diver Watch isn’t atomic like the Seiko Ignition Takuma Sato, but it is a solar Ignition, and it is most definitely a beautiful watch.
Features of the Seiko Solar Ignition Diver Watch include:
- Titanium case and bracelet.
- Seiko’s own “Hardlex” crystal (used in many of Seiko’s divers because it is especially hard).
- Solar-powered with a 6-month reserve and overcharge prevention.
- Quartz accuracy of ± 20 seconds per month.
- Double locking clasp with “one-push” diver extension (to go over a wetsuit).
- Water-resistant to 200 meters, or about 650 feet.
- Rotating bezel for dive timing (not sure if it’s uni- or bi-directional).
- Screwdown caseback.
This watch does not appear to be available in the US, so the best way to get more information is to do a Google search, and click on some “Translate this page” links. And of course, you can always count on a translated version of Watch-Tanaka for good information and nice pictures. It looks like this watch should go for about $450.
By Christian Cantrell