Presenting the new dive watch company Helson Watches and their first model, the Shark Diver. Powered by the trusty Miyota 8215 (as seen in the Halios Holotype and others), it’s very attractive new entry.
- Water resistant to a over-engineered 2,000m (6,600ft or so). You’ll not survive nearly long as your watch. (By the way, we like “over-engineered.”)
- Unidirectional bezel.
- Luminova lume on hands, indices, and bezel.
- 316L stainless steel case.
- Unusually magnetism-resistant at 70,000 A/m.
- Very cool looking mesh bracelet.
- Available in six color combinations: PVD, blue, and brown. (The yellow-on-black is particularly striking, in our humble opinion.)
- Thick 4mm sapphire crystal, with inner antireflective coating.
List price is $499 — a very good deal — and is due to ship November 10th, 2009. We’ve contacted Helson and are hoping to get one for review.
One more picture after the break to whet your interest!
By Paul Hubbard